Thursday, September 02, 2010

Mine Till Midnight

Worked late last night but finished off my day by reading:

Mine Till Midnight by Lisa Kleypas (REREAD) (romance)
I almost always enjoy Lisa Kleypas, but this book employed one of the romance book standards I don't really care for- the instant "I want that person and don't know why" on the part of the guy. I mean REALLY? You have no idea? Is it because she's hot? Because she's a classy lady? Because she's an intelligent and family-focused woman? Pick a reason, it would be more realistic than this befuddlement!

Despite the not-so-beloved trope use the rest of the book was very enjoyable. The heroine's family are all eccentric in their own ways, and there is especially some character development in the case of the second sister Win (heroine of the next book) and Leo, the older brother also had his own character arc. Not sure that I like this series as much as "The Wallflowers" but it is still one of my picks for historical romance.

No comments: